Thursday, March 17, 2011

First Day Posting and Publishing

I finally got started on this project!

I have been writing essays and papers for some time now and wanted to make them available online -- as a backup for me and maybe as a resource for someone else.

After researching where I could upload/publish my writings to, I found Booksie and created an account today. My first essay is published there now and a link to it is available on my Essays page.

I think I have a lot to learn about using Booksie. This first time was a little painful... I thought I was going to be able to upload PDFs and make them available, but nope. I have to copy and paste the text onto Booksie's editor and publish everything that way.

Formatting was an issue. I ended up editing the source (yes, HTML) so I could have line breaks in my essay. Maybe they were going to be there once I published the essay, but they were not showing in the preview.

What I already learned is that the "Paste from Word" feature does not work on Chrome, so I had to use Booksie from Internet Explorer. Hmmm...

I will keep going and let's see how many more essays I can get done today.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment